Monday, March 06, 2006

Next stop: Mount Everest

So I'm sitting curled in the armchair, in their room. Quietly reading. Calmly sipping a Woodchuck. When suddenly I hear a horrible ripping sound, and out of the corner of my left eye, over the back of the chair, I see a paw come grasping & clawing from below. Sharp nails sink into lovelily textured corduroy chair. The second paw appears. The nails from the first paw detract, the paw is thrown farther upward, and now a tiny face appears. Reverse-rappeller Meera. Hauling herself up inch by inch.

Normal kitties would take the normal route, from floor to arm to back of chair (but this is no ordinary kitten).

I tried to hold it in, but couldn't--my laughter erupted, and it was loud, and ringing. A startled scuffling, an explosion of tail fur, a speedy exodus to the Land-Under-the-Bed.

Get used to the sound, my pretties.

No comments: