Monday, June 09, 2008

scandal!

why?! why is wicket still a hefty 16.6 even after the free feeder was taken away and i parceled out his food in incrementally smaller portions? why?!?

because he CAN jump to the high shelves where i put meera and kai's food, THAT'S why, my friends!!

oh, the rogue! I turned the corner into the pantry this weekend, and caught the "physically challenged" wickers munching serenely on food that was not his!!

he looked at me with those big golden eyes of his, continued to chew (like a cow), and seemed to ask, "why is the human gasping for breath like that?"

and all this time i've been worried that he's constantly hungry! each time he romped across my bed at three in the morning, or woke me up by lightly raking his claws along my arm, i've forgiven him. he's just ready for his next skimpy meal, i said. it's been hours since he ate, i said.

i'll post pictures tomorrow. i'm still in shock. i thought my plans were so crafty and clever. i've been out-clevered by a cat. i've been challenged to find a craftier cleverer solution.

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

Lol, lol, lol...

Christy said...

he's staring at me as i type, sprawled half in the kitchen half in the living room so that i can barely move without stepping over him and eliciting the not-so-gentle mrrrrrwl reminder that the food bowl is empty. again.

ThePoliticalCat said...

Physically challenged, is it? It looks as if he rose magnificently to said challenge!

What a beast. Just like Bandicoot, it's seventeen meals a day or hell to pay for the hapless hoomin. (Kisses Wicket slyly)

Christy said...

and since i'm gone for the weekend i left many many bowls of water and food to make it easier on my sister to pop in and out. wicket thinks it's his birthday.