Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sympathy blogging...

...for my friend Lizzie, who's feeling pretty bad right now.

The other day I went out to eat at the Olive Garden, and brought home a giant bag of leftovers. A giant, paper bag with handles. A giant, paper bag with handles that Kai found irresistable.

I left it on the kitchen floor, and only realized my mistake when I heard the bag being dragged at horrendous speed from one room to the other. By the time I got to Kai, he'd disentangled himself, but he wouldn't let me near him for hours. He stayed under the bed and just looked so scared still. It broke my heart.

The next day he was back to his usual self, but oh the guilt! The guilt!

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

Thank you, Christy - and please give little Kai a kiss for me when you get home (and Meera and Wicket, too). (Kissing of all kinds helps...)

Christy said...

I will surely do that.

Hokule'a Kealoha said...

Our Nani had that happen to her she dragged a plastic sack around her neck at lighting speed. It had a book in it and was just heavy enough to drag cords and pull over a lamp and a small TV before we could catch her. She wasnt hurt, thank goodness...Only non living things were physically damaged, but even 4 years later, a russling plastic bag sends shivers of terror though our little girl.