Sunday, February 11, 2007

Graceful when they want to be

All morning I tried to get one of the two to cuddle with me. Occasionally Kai would stand still long enough for me to kind of rub his cheek, and then he'd twist around and head off in the opposite direction. Meera was nowhere to be found. Of course.

Then I took out a deck of cards. I shuffled. I set up a little solitaire action. And magically they both appeared, snuggly and affectionate and mewly, scattering my cards with their eager little feet and being totally distracting.

These are the same feet that regularly navigate an end table loaded with precarious piles of books, full water glasses, random collections of pens, and various e-paraphernalia (cellphone, camera, etc.), without moving a single object. But bring out the cards, and suddenly they're clumsy as anything.

No comments: