Friday, December 01, 2006

My Bella knows she's bella

One of the many, many wonderful features of my new flat is that both of the walk-in closets have full-length mirrors for doors. At the old place, I had to crane my neck to see my whole ensemble in the tiny bathroom mirror, or I'd try to catch my reflection in the glass of the back door as I locked up for the day.

This morning before I left the flat I called for the kitties. Only soft Kai came running, so after giving him a little belly rub I went in search of Meera. Not in the kitchen, not in the office/library/yet-to-be-unpacked room, not in the living room or in any of the windows. Finally I found her parked in front of the closet mirror in my bedroom. Sitting on her hind legs, front paws positioned daintily just-so, admiring her own reflection. And what a beautiful reflection it is...

No comments: