Thursday, December 07, 2006

Bobblehead

This morning, I walked from the fluorescent brightness of the kitchen into the barely lamp-lit darkness of the living room. Meera, sitting on the long end table and craning her neck to see out the window, suddenly stood stock-still and got ready to run--normal procedure for her when I enter the room.

So, obligingly, I slowed way down, and channeled soft, non-threatening, fluid thoughts towards this tiny wildchild. She remained on the coffee table. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched her do something strange as I passed through to the bedroom. She kept her body stiff and her eyes on my face, but her head bobbed up and down and all around as I went by, tiny little bird-like movements.

I've noticed her doing this before, but never really consciously until this morning. Why the bobblehead?

No comments: