Monday, February 25, 2008

Kai et le raisin

Last night, after getting off the phone with my sister and then my dad, I peered into my fridge to see what was for dinner. Lentil soup, leftover from La Shish on Friday, and a few grapes from the amazing shrinking bunch I bought last week. Every time I check in on these grapes they're a little smaller and a little sourer, but grapez iz grapez, as the wise woman once said.

I washed a cluster in the sink and pulled off the ones that freaked me out. I swear I meant to run the disposal immediately, and I would have, right after I placed my grapes on a paper towel to drain. In the 20 seconds it took me to pull a towel off the roll, fold it, and tuck the grapes away on a cat-free counter, Kai had jumped into the sink and retrieved a baby g from inside the disposal.

Here's a clip of what he did next:


3 comments:

Lizzy said...

Making his own entertainment, is he?

ThePoliticalCat said...

I love the mournful body language when he realizes he's lost teh raisin. This is how they get you down on your knees rooting through who-knows-what in search of a misplaced toy.

Christy said...

i was more than willing to let the g fester under the stove...I'M not going under there...but fortunately kai retrieved it himself. heaven knows how. go-go-gadget claw!