Friday, March 16, 2007

Welcome to the jungle

A very loud, very disturbing thump outside the bathroom door. Silence, a low snarl, and then the sound of eight feet galloping into the next room.

When I open the door, there's Meera huddled in her customary spot. She's perfectly positioned to catch the wave of water-drenched air as I emerge post-shower. Kai is nowhere to be seen. Probably at the living room window, placidly watching birds.

"Noises? What noises?"

I envisage my kittens morphing into rhinoceri as soon as the door shuts. I'm just waiting to find rhino prints in the litter box to prove my hunch...

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

At least you had the door tightly closed - and the rhinoceri did not show up in the shower...!

Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Lizzy's got a point!

Oh, your word pictures are beautiful and make me laugh!

Sounds like your little ones make you laugh too.